JUMO MAERA F27 - Level Probe (404391)
- Level probe for continuous level measurement in liquids
- Measuring ranges: 50 mbar to 1.6 bar (0.5 to 16 mWS)
- Medium temperature -20 to +60 °C
- Capacitive ceramic sensor
- Accuracy: 0.2 % MSP (linearity)
- Ultra-precise measuring cell
- Excellent long-term stability
- Mechanical stress resistant membrane
- High chemical resistance
- High overload resistance (up to 80 times)
- Integrated overvoltage protection with the stainless steel version
- Reverse-polarity protection
- Integrated temperature sensor Pt100 also available
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor installations
- Process reliability
The capacitive ceramic measuring cell impresses with an overload resistance of up to 80 times. The measuring method ensures the highest requirements for resolution and reproducibility are met. The combination of a mechanically highly stress-resistant membrane with a stainless steel or PTFE case offers excellent chemical resistance against aggressive mediums. Maximum security during startup is guaranteed by a reverse polarity protection that protects the measuring device against damages.
- Versatile and uncomplicated
The simultaneous measurement of level and temperature can also be achieved with a Pt100 temperature sensor. As the measuring range already starts from 50 mbar (0.5 mWS), even low level filling heights can be reliably monitored. A further temperature range of 80 K enables the use of many applications.
Level and level measurement
- In water and wastewater management
- In aggressive mediums, acids, lyes
- In electroplating baths
The JUMO MAERA F27 level probe is used for the continuous hydrostatic level measurement in liquids. Filling heights between 0.5 and 16 mWS (water column) can be achieved in ventilated tanks.
When the level probe is immersed into a liquid, a liquid column emerges above the probe. The liquid column increases as the probe is immersed deeper into the liquid and creates a hydrostatic pressure on the measuring system by the force of its weight. The measured pressure is transmitted as a standard signal. The signal is linearly proportional to the rising liquid column.
The surrounding pressure is achieved through a special cable with an integrated pressure equalization hose. Any variations in air pressure are therefore automatically compensated and the surrounding pressure is taken into account. The installation can be performed in both indoor and outdoor areas.
A variant with integrated overvoltage protection is available for outdoor installations, which protects the level probe against damage in the event of lightning strikes in surrounding water. The version with a PTFE case is suitable for applications in aggressive mediums. With regard to the temperature-dependent density of a liquid, the medium temperature can be recorded with an integrated temperature sensor Pt100 during level measurement. This temperature value is then used to compensate.
Further information on our level probes from the JUMO MAERA series can be found in the brochure "Level Probes – Hydrostatic Level and Filling Level Measurement" in the Documentation category.
Further technical information is available in the Documentation category.