JUMO frostTHERM-ATE (604170)
- Temperature measuring range 0 to +15 °C, setting range 1 to +10 °C
- Active steam-filled probe line
- Operating mode: manual or automatic reset
- Regulated membrane heating for operation up to -15 °C
- Two analog outputs 0 to 10 V
- One switching output (relay: max. AC 230 V 6(2) A)
- Can be set without opening the case lid
- Electrical connection via tension spring terminals
- Operating voltage (SELV) AC 24 V
- Probe line length 2000 mm or 6000 mm
- Protection type EN 60529, IP42
The integrated membrane heating ensures that only the temperature along the probe line is relevant for thermostat operation.
Self-monitoring of the probe line ensures that the thermostat stops plant operation "on the safe side" (frost operation) when mechanical defects at the probe line occur.
The push-button for device settings is easily accessible from the outside which reduces the installation time of the thermostat. The installation can be quickly changed afterwards.
Selectable resets (manual or automatic) allow the thermostat to be used in a number of applications.
The frost protection thermostat is used on the air part of air-conditioning systems, heat exchangers, heating registers, and similar units to protect them against frost damage and freezing.
- Building automation
- Ventilation and air-conditioning industry
Possible security precautions that can be used with the help of the frostTHERM-ATE:
- Switching off ventilators
- Opening heating valves
- Closing air flaps
The lowest temperature on the probe line over a length of 250 mm is determined using a steam-filled probe line and a membrane. The resulting mechanical movement is transformed into an electrical signal via the membrane, electronically amplified, and can be recorded as a measurement signal DC 0 to 10 V on the analog output. The relay contact that is also available allows the user to directly switch loads up to AC 230 V 6(2) A.